Preparation for Theory Test
The Driving Theory Test has two parts, part one is a multiple choice test and part two is a hazard perception test.
To prepare for the multiple choice part of the theory test, there are three books known as the source material, these include The Highway Code, Know Your Traffic Signs, and the relevant vehicle Driving Skills series.
The complete set of theory test questions and answers is also available in book and CD-ROM format.
The Driving Standards Agency (DSA) has developed a modular, multi-media training resource for the hazard perception test. The resource is available in DVD and VHS video format and is called 'The official guide to hazard perception'.
All of these products are available to buy from most high street book shops, they are also available to order over the phone and online through The Stationery Office.
Here is what you need to do to improve your chances of passing theory test 1st time.
1. Spend an hour daily studying thery books and going through CD if you have one.
2. Discuss Driving Elements with other members of your family.
3. Discuss Driving issue with your friends.
4. Make use of Hand outs given by your Instructor.
5. If there is anything you do not understand, then make a note of it and ask your instructor to explain.